Friday, October 23, 2015

9/8 Stress and 10 fingers

I am sure it was just first day jitters but today really sent me for a loop.  After being in almost two decades of a typical academic setting the kitchen was something both familiar and foreign. I kept having the sense that everything should come naturally to me after so many years cooking for myself and others. It was very hard for me to adjust my way of thinking, holding a knife and managing having someone looking over my shoulder all the time.

I am proud of keeping all 10 fingers in tact.

I should work on sharpening my knife better.

Take a ways
·      Sharpening your knife almost daily is key to success
·      I must remember to keep my knife perpendicular to the cutting board.

·      Remember to tidy as I go- it really does help.

Unfortunately I have very few pictures from the beginning of class because I was panicking a little bit so please enjoy pictures of my dog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment