Friday, October 30, 2015

10/5 OM NOM NOM NOM NOM (In the style of the Cookie Monster)


      The morning started with a rather dull video about allergy education. While its importance cannot be underrated the most exciting thing about the video was that I was able to knit while it was going on. Most of the practical information that I have learned about allergens have come from personal experience with friends and through class when Chefs let something slip.
      In the afternoon we had a glorious evening full of cookies! I mean, how could a day be bad when I get to knit then make cookies all afternoon. We had an assortment of recipes that we made which all taught us varying skills and exposed us to different recipes. Overall I really enjoyed making (I mean eating) the biscotti and the chocolate cookies with macadamia nuts.
Photo by Erica Yeh

Photo by Erica Yeh


I am proud of not overeating on all the delicious cookies.

I need to work on expanding my repertoire.

Take aways
·      There are so many wonderful kinds of cookies that I was unaware of. The world is a bigger and brighter place outside of the (delicious yet overdone) chocolate chip cookie.

·      You can knead a cookie dough! Who would have thunk it! You can make ribbons out of the butter with the heel of your hand, which makes a delightful shortbread like cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment