Saturday, October 24, 2015

9/10 Just a little Pinch


Sauces. The most important take away from today’s vast arrays of sauces was the skill of pinching. I never really understood or was introduced to this idea of quickly infusing intensity, flavor and depth through this process. It allows you to get the texture, look and flavor of a sauce without adding butter to cure all ills.

To pinch you add a little liquid to the pan and let it cook down until there is a little caramelization on the bottom of the pan. Deglaze with more liquid and repeat the process 2 more times to create a thick, rich sauce. 

I am proud of not breaking my hollandaise sauce!! This was a major accomplishment. Also I was rather pleased with my sauce from the quick steak challenge at the end of the evening.

I should work on speed. Today was the first day Nick and I realized we were 2 and not 3 and struggled with keeping up with the rest of the teams. I need to work on paying attention in the beginning and being on top of the instructions.

Take a ways
·      To pinch

·      Proper steak cooking- more on that later next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment