Thursday, October 29, 2015

9/29 Victory for Vegetables!


            I have so been looking forward to this day. I feel like there are only so many ways you can cook a steak but literally endless possibilities for cooking a vegetable. Chef had each group working on a dish and then we would come together to see it take shape.
            My group worked on artichokes two ways (fried and brazed) and the other groups did a butternut squash risotto, a stir fry and a vegetable hash.
            My favorite thing that we did was the watermelon steak. It was SO COOL. I can’t wait to try that at home. It was savory, spicy and creamy with the feta. He roasted a whole watermelon with cream sherry for about 3 hours, sliced it into wedges and pan fried it until it was golden brown. Yum! 

I am proud of being attentive, working fast and efficiently and getting everything done on time.
I need to work on listening and absorbing more. He would rattle off a list of a ton of things and only a few would sink in.
Take a ways
·      Vegetable are so versatile yet there are so many ways to mess them up

·      Butter is every vegetable friend

No comments:

Post a Comment