Sunday, November 1, 2015

Sock Crazy and a New Quilt


With everything that has been going in with school, my crafting has really taken the back burner, so to speak. I try to get as much crafting in as I can but unfortunately it is much less that I would like. Most of the projects that I can spend time on now are the ones that are small enough to tote around or simple enough that i don't have to think about them at all. The solution to my situation has turned out to be socks. I am addicted. For years I was scared of them; I thought they would be too hard to make or I would mess them up but I was so wrong.

I got Melissa Morgan-Oakes book Two at a Time, Toe-Up Socks and I have been hooked ever sense. I can make a pair at one time and they will look (about) the same! I'm making some for Christmas so I'll have to put my crazy sock yarn away for the time being but I'm happy I can still make things with my crazy lifestyle.

Quilting is my first love but it is much harder to fit into my life at the moment (not to mention my shrinking storage space). I don't know if you have ever had the opportunity to feel Liberty of London quilting fabric but it makes all other cotton feel like steel wool against your skin. The patterns are so vibrant and lovely that I have been looking for the longest time to find something that will make the lovely colors and patters sing. I think I have finally done it! I won't share the pattern until it is done (around Christmas) but I'm excited to show you the fabric. Thanks to the lovely people at Purl Soho for making this a possibility!

No comments:

Post a Comment