Tuesday, November 10, 2015

11/5 How to become everyone’s best friend

           We learned how to make crepes, a crepe cake, éclairs, puff pastry and cheese puffs today. If that is not a way to someone’s heart, I have no idea how to do it then. Everything was much less difficult that I had always assumed. I had always elevated éclairs in my mind to something that was unattainable but I was way off the mark. They don’t take any terribly hard to find equipment, they are easy to cook and are amazingly delicious!





            I love knowing that I can take these recipes and make them my own now. We made chocolate pastry cream and topped the éclairs with chocolate but I think in the future I would just stick to vanilla bean for my éclairs. It is also nice to know that I could always flavor the puff pastry and make something amazing and delicious all on my own. The same goes for the crepe cake. I could change the applesauce and make a plum, pear or chestnut filling, whatever I would like could be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment